Silsbee ISD is an equal access/equal opportunity school district. If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the webmaster at email@example.com.
EJMSMS Email Announcements
March 20, 2015
March 20, 2015
The Email Announcements can also be found on the EJMSMS Website at silsbeeisd.org
All Dates are listed on the EJMSMS Website Calendar.
If you are not getting these announcements through Email and you would like to, please contact Andra Burrell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jazz Band Spaghetti Dinner – Tonight:
- Our Jazz Band will be performing at the annual Jazz Band Spaghetti dinner
- Friday night, March 20th
- Silsbee High School cafeteria
- It starts at 6:00
- Tickets are $10; kids 4 and under eat free
ARTFEST – Ice House Museum Exhibit:
- Artfest, the annual exhibit of SISD's student artwork, is currently featured at the Ice House Museum.
- All grades have work in the exhibit, and the work is delightful and good.
There will be a reception Sunday, March 22, 2-4 p.m. Everyone is invited.
- PVAC and the Ice House host this reception.
Foster Grandparents Needed:
- See attached Flyer
- We are in need of new Foster Grandparents in Jefferson, Orange and Hardin Counties.
- We will be having a Pre-service Training in July so we need to have applicants now in order to do interviews and background checks before they start Pre-service.
- Contact Information Below:
- Karen Gary, Volunteer Coordinator
- Foster Grandparent Program
- South East Texas Planning Commission
- 2210 Eastex Fwy.
- Beaumont, TX 77703
- Phone: 409-899-8444, ext 6441
- Fax: 409-347-0138
Scheduling for Next Year’s Freshman – Graduates of 2019:
- April 9 @ 6:00pm – Meeting at SHS for Incoming Freshman Orientation
- SHS Counselors will send out letters over the next month regarding Freshman Orientation
- Students can purchase yearbooks
- Contact Person: Mrs. Tammy Myers - email@example.com
- You can order online at www.balfour.com
7th and 8th Grade Girls Track Meet:
Monday, Mar 23 Hardin Jefferson
Thursday, Apr 2 Hamshire-Fannett
Monday, Apr 6 Bridge City
8th Grade Boys Track Meet:
Monday, Mar 23 WOS
Thursday, Apr 2 Bridge City
Monday, Apr 6 Hardin-Jefferson
EJMSMS Upcoming events – Highlighted Events are changes or newly added Events:
Mar 23 Boys and Girls Track Meets
Mar 27 DC Volleyball Game
Mar 30 7th STAAR Writing Day 1
Mar 31 7th STAAR Writing Day 2
Mar 31 8th STAAR Reading
Apr 2 Boys and Girls Track Meets
Apr 3 Good Friday Holiday
Apr 6 Boys and Girls Track Meets
Apr 9 8th Grade Meeting at SHS to discuss next year scheduling
April 10 End of 5th Six Weeks
April 13-15 8th Grade Scheduling at SHS for 2015-2016
April 14/15 Choir UIL- DATE PENDING
Apr 20 8th STAAR Math
Apr 21 6th STAAR Math; 7th STAAR Math; 8th STAAR Social Studies
Apr 22 6th STAAR Reading; 7th STAAR Reading; 8th STAAR Science
Apr 24 Relay for Life
May 1 Choir Trip to Galveston
May 5 Algebra I EOC Testing
May 7 DC Meeting at 6pm
May 12 8th STAAR Reading Re-test
May 14 Band Spring Concert
May 15 8th Grade Field Trip – Bowling and Parkdale Mall
May 19 Choir Spring Concert
May 21-24 Washington DC Trip
May 22 6th Grade Field Trip to Paradise Park
May 22 7th and 8th Choir and Band Field Trip
May 25 Memorial Day Holiday
May 28 Awards Program
May 29 Last Day of School/Early Release
Just a reminder - If a student does not have their ID they will be charged $1 for a temporary. All fines must be paid in order to attend dances, field trips, etc. Replacement ID's are $5.
- Family Access allows you to check your child’s grades on line
- If you would like to sign up for Family Access, please contact Beverly Harris in the front lobby. You can call her at 980-7800